8.06.2009

funny funny funny

I struggle with infertility, Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome to be exact PCOS. It's a disease that makes it hard to conceive, use insulin right, and makes me high risk for ovarian cancer before i'm 30. It's sucky but it seems like whenever I start talking about it, I make people laugh. Who would have ever thought that i could stand there and talk about something that's down right awful and get them to giggle. It makes me think that God has given me this challenge for a reason (well they're all for a reason) Infertility is so hush hush and people are so very uneduated about it. I am amazed at how people have stuggled with the same things that I do, the miscarriages, the tests, the pills....the list goes on. People this is a problem! This disease will never go away (unless you have no girly parts left). We need to laugh and share and remember that we have to see that light, that prize that He has at the end of our road. I wonder if I stood on stage at a Baptist Women's Convention and asked how many women struggle/ed with infertility, how many would raise their hand. Raise your hands! Share your experience with that lost, scared soul! Be a comedian! God didn't give us this challenge to be quiet about it, He wants us to help others with our knowledge.

No comments: