7.23.2009

patriot's point and the aquarium

DWG and I went down to Patriot's Point and the Charleston Aquarium today. PP is an old aircraft carrier and you tour every bit of it. Way hot and the freaking narrowest ladders ever! We are so spolied comapred to what those guys stayed in. Going up on the flight deck was pretty neat and what a view of the bay. DWG thought it was alot more interesting than I did, standard. We also went inside a missle launching submarie...OMG! talk about small, at some points we had to turn sideways to walk thru and every few feet there was the smallest opening that was 2 feet off the floor. I was not meant to crawl through holes in the center of walls and i wore a shorter skirt today. I was so embarrassed on all those ladders. That super nice of a Baptist woman. What can you do!?! Then I saw we were so close to the Aquarium, nerdy as it sounds I LOVE the aquarium. I think it's becuase I spent most of my summers in Half Moon Bay (San Fran) with my beloved GGranma. I love the touch pools and to see all the huge fish swimming around. This place had the coolest exhibits where the glass was only 3 feet high and open after that. I just wanted to put my hand in the water. One ex. was outside, on the second floor and it was all open topped and the turtles and birds that were sunning were just inches from my grasp and the backdrop was the ocean. DWG wants to know why i refuse to scuba dive if i get as giddy as a 5yo on christmas when i get to the aquarium. I have no answer except the thought FREAKS ME OUT!!!

No comments: