7.01.2009

He's home!

What a long and hard journey, but we made it! We always do :) It's surprising, odd really, how we just "fell back into place" No power struggles, no fights...weird. I think I know why (thanks Big Guy).
Last friday pretty much sucked. D was supposed to land at 120pm instead he landed at 415pm. The whole while he was in Dallas and we had two muffins who just didn't understand what was going on. I wasn't much better either, after my self pity cry I went to the mil's and hung with the sil and babes until it was good to go (we hoped) He eventually got off and the boys were so happy to see him! Even my little buddy, traiter but none the less, went and got in Uncle D's arms.
On a sad note though, the babe's mommy is counting down to their rapid departure date. I'm happy for them but really, I mean kinda rude they're leaving! :) It's amazing how you see them almost everyday and yet you almost can't get enough. That little one sucks in this breath and then squeals and "hi" when he sees you and the big one is constantly saying "tickle me tickle me", ugh break my heart I am going to miss them! They are adorable but they are mine forever and SA isn't far, it's just not 3 miles.
We have a huge vaca planned in a few weeks. SA to see the bil be an official "meany", the big H to see the bestest and her family, then dinner with D's uncle, then off to see MRG! It's very exciting.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Thanks for your encouragement and support. I probably will be calling on your expertise in the next 2 months! :o)
I am not really complaining, I know that so many other wives have done what I am about to do, and much worse! (I know deployments are so much longer!) Someday I suppose I will go through a longer separation as well, although I pray that day is far away! :o)
It is just the first separation for us, so I am dreading it a little! Thanks for being there to help me learn!
I'm so glad that your hubby finally made it home to you! I hope that you have a wonderful time settling back into your life together.