10.12.2008

what I love about Sunday

ladies in pretty dresses...guys in handsome clothes...Preacher standing up there with his booming voice...choir getting everyone to sing along

this morning was pretty amazing...we had a super full Sunday school class...Beth and Patrick just have that warming effect...once we got into the sanctuary is was business as usual. I went around and said my hellos and gave hugs. We settled into our seats with the good view of the pulpit. We did our singing and chattering and the Preacher calls up an older couple who have something to say (I already know cause he told me on Friday) this man gets up there and tells us how he's been a member of our church for 50 years and he's blessed for his family and his church famliy..then he tells everyone so brave without his voice shaking that he has Alzheimers. w-o-w. then the preacher has them stand up there so we can come pray with them. But he pauses and says I also need another couple to come up here...he serioulsy just said our names...D says :oh no: the preacher laughs...I can't hardley navigate in my 4inch heels and skirt. People I have never seen were up there crying and praying for us. w-o-w. We are truley blessed

1 comment:

mimi said...

WOW, WHAT A MOVING EXPERIENCE.
SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH