7.07.2010

Why

Ladies, it has been a rough week. Few weeks actually but who's counting? This morning I had to go have some blood work drawn, I knew it was coming but it didn't make it any better. I was suppossed to be there in the morning but it was more like the almost afternoon. I then stood at the window forever becuase the ding dong behind the desk had no clue what was going on. Maybe next time she can pull her head out of her butt read the paper that they have you fill out. We get it sorted then I walk down the hall to waiting hallway area. I sit next to a man who is LOUDLY talking on his phone. The vomit starts to rise in my throat as I hear what he's saying. He's just found out he's going to be a dad. He's beyond excited, decribing the what the bean looked like. At this point I am looking for a trash can and a tissue. He keeps going "I can't believe I'm going to be a dad". That was about the time the hot tears came. I'm wondering when his freshly knocked up wife is going to come out so that he be away from. It was about then that the why me thoughts creeped in on the tears. Why isn't it my husband sitting in there saying he's going to be a dad, why isn't it me in the other room getting my beta numbers. Why did we have to get robbed of the joys of finding out we were pregnant. Let's face it, it will never be us sitting there that early in the game. That right has been stolen like a Jag in Compton. There are a million other why's and most days I'm at peace but there are some days when I carry the weight of why can't I give my husband a child to hold here on Earth?

2 comments:

Amaprincess said...

I ask myself the same thing almost every day! I just keep reminding myself how bittersweet that moment is going to be..when it's finally me! I know deep in my heart that it will be us one day....we will have the fancy showers with the fancy china! How do I know this? Because we are fabulous people and we deserve it! xoxoxoxo

Tillie said...

I'm sorry...I know the emotions you are going through...I wish I could take them away. I wish I could give you a baby...you will make a wonderful mom. Just think that the "right" baby is still waiting to be hatched...*huge hugs*